|Birthname||Vincent Ambrose Smith|
|born on||7 December 1915 at 16:10 (= 4:10 PM )|
|Place||Richmond, Virginia, 37n33, 77w28|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°42' 00°49 Asc. 04°48'|
American Major League Baseball catcher who played for the Pittsburgh Pirates (1941, 1946), and later umpired for the National League (1957–1965).
With the outbreak of World War II, he was drafted into the US Navy eventually serving in the Pacific Theater of Operations as a chief petty officer. During his war-time service from 1942 to 1945, he participated in several charity all-star games.
Smith died in Virginia Beach, Virginia, on 14 December 1979, aged 64.
- associate relationship with Strincevich, Nick (born 1 March 1915). Notes: Pittsburgh Pirates teammates, 1941, 1946
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Vocation : Military : Military service (WWII)
- Vocation : Sports : Baseball (Catcher)
- Vocation : Sports Business : Referee (National League umpire, 1957–1965)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (MLB player, 1941, 1946)