|born on||12 March 1945 at 00:10 (= 12:10 AM )|
|Place||Sydney, Australia, 33s52, 151e13|
|Timezone||AEST h10e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°39' 15°00 Asc. 08°32'|
Australian theatre and film director, producer and writer.
The son of boxing tent entrepreneur Jimmy Sharman, he is a director and writer for film and stage with over 70 productions to his credit. He is renowned in Australia for his work as a theatre director from the 1960s to the present, but is probably best known internationally as the director of the 1973 theatrical hit The Rocky Horror Show, The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) and its follow-up Shock Treatment (1981).
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Hair (born 17 October 1967). Notes: Director of 1969 Sydney production
- associate relationship with Hines, Marcia (born 20 July 1953)
- friend relationship with Fitzpatrick, Kate (born 1 October 1947)
- friend relationship with White, Patrick (born 28 May 1912)
Sy Scholfield quotes Sharman's "Blood & Tinsel: A Memoir" (Miegunyah Press, 2009), p. 25: " ... I was delivered to Christina and James Sharman at Crown Street Women's Hospital, by caesarean section. ... I emerged shortly after midnight on 12 March in the Chinese Year of the Rooster, under the sign of Pisces."
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director (film and stage)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (film and stage)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script