Robert Peel, 3rd Baronet
|born on||4 May 1822 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||LMT m0w10 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||13°11' 21°46 Asc. 14°21'|
British Peelite and later Liberal politician, and the eldest son of the prime minister Robert Peel. He was educated at Harrow and Christ Church, Oxford and entered the Diplomatic Service in 1844. He served as Member of Parliament for Tamworth, his father's constituency, from 1850 until 1880, for Huntingdon from 1884 and for Blackburn from 1885 to 1886. He was appointed Irish secretary in 1861 in Palmerston's ministry, but in 1865, under Russell he was succeeded by Chichester Fortescue. His political career was said to be marred by his lack of dignity and his inability to accept a fixed political creed. He was appointed a GCB in 1866.
From about 1856 he was extensively engaged in racing under the name of Mr. F. Robinson; and later on had an establishment at Bonehill, near Tamworth, where he bred horses.
Peel married Lady Emily, seventh daughter of George Hay, 8th Marquess of Tweeddale, on 13 January 1856. They had one son and three daughters. On 9 May 1895, aged 73, Peel was found dead, from hæmorrhage on the brain, in his bedroom at 12 Stratton Street, London.
- child->parent relationship with Peel, Robert (born 5 February 1788)
- sibling relationship with Arthur Peel, 1st Viscount Peel (born 3 August 1829)
- sibling relationship with Peel, Frederick (born 26 October 1823)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Births," The Times (London, England), Tuesday, 7 May 1822, p. 4: "On Saturday morning, the lady of the Right Hon. Robert Peel, of a son." A time of 6 AM is speculative.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Brain
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Extravagant
- Vocation : Politics : Public office
- Vocation : Sports Business : Coach/ Manager/ Owner (Racehorse breeder)
- Notable : Awards : Knighted