|Birthname||Mary Margaret Milner|
|born on||14 May 1943 at 08:30 (= 08:30 AM )|
|Place||Waco, Texas, 31n33, 97w09|
|Timezone||CWT h5w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||22°53' 16°49 Asc. 22°42'|
American tax lawyer who served as Commissioner of Internal Revenue at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) from 1993 to 1997. She was the second woman to hold the position, after her immediate predecessor, Shirley D. Peterson.
Richardson became friends with Hillary Clinton while they were both members of the American Bar Association. She helped fundraise for her husband, Bill Clinton, during his 1992 presidential campaign. Upon becoming president in 1993, he appointed Richardson as Commissioner of Internal Revenue.
During her tenure, Richardson attempted to bring the agency's technology – some of which was built in the 1960s – up to date. However, she was unable to make significant headway and this undermined confidence in her administration. She was also appointed to the IRS Commissioner's Advisory Group, serving as a member from 1988 to 1990 and as chair from 1989 to 1990.
She married John L. Richardson in 1967. He worked as a transportation lawyer, and they remained married until her death. Together, they had one child, who was also named Margaret. Richardson died on 13 July 2021 at her home in Delaplane, Virginia at age 78 from lung cancer.
- friend relationship with Clinton, Hillary (born 26 October 1947)
- Relationship : Marriage 1967 (John L. Richardson)
Sy Scholfield quotes birth notice, The Waco News-Tribune (Waco, Texas), Wednesday, 19 May 1943, page 5: "born in Hillcrest Memorial hospital last Friday morning at 8:30 o'clock."
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Lung)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (John L. Richardson)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Fundraiser
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction