|Birthname||Parkening, Christopher William|
|born on||14 December 1947 at 03:26 (= 03:26 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°38' 13°11 Asc. 08°04'|
American virtuoso classical guitarist and international celebrity through his concerts, records and TV appearances. He specializes in the Spanish masters and in Bach, playing with virtuoso technique and profound musicianship, using his classical guitar with great skill to achieve intimacy with his audience.
A protégé and personal friend of the great Andre Segovia, he made his first recital at age 11, in 1959, and has been performing in formal concerts since he was 14.
When he suffered from burnout, he withdrew in 1975 for a decade, moving to a ranch in Montana with his wife, whom he had married the prior year. During that period he made no more than a few concert engagements and taught a few classes at Montana State. He continued making records selectively. By 1986-87, he resumed performing with some 80 concerts.
Parkening likes horseback riding and fly fishing, and has the rugged good looks of an outdoorsman.
- Work : New Career 1959 (Debut performance)
- Work : Retired 1975 (Retired for a decade)
- Work : New Career 1986 (Started working again)
B.C. in hand from the Wilsons (Same in Contemporary American Horoscopes)
- Traits : Mind : Child prodigy (In music)
- Lifestyle : Work : Intern/ Apprentice (With Andre Segovia)
- Lifestyle : Work : Stressful work (Burn-out from work)
- Lifestyle : Work : Unemployed more than 5 yrs (Sabbotical from work)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Horseback riding)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Fly-fishing)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor at Montana State)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (First recital at 11)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Classical guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Music teacher (Guitar)
- Vocation : Misc. : Farmer/ Rancher (Rancher)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Classical guitar)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection