|Birthname||Camilo Antonio Ortega Saavedra|
|born on||13 December 1950 at 19:00 (= 7:00 PM )|
|Place||Managua, Nicaragua, 12n09, 86w17|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°28' 24°50 Asc. 14°45'|
Nicaraguan revolutionary and the younger brother of Nicaraguan president Daniel Ortega and former Nicaraguan Minister of Defense Humberto Ortega.
He was the youngest child in a family of six children. His father, Daniel Ortega and his mother Lidia Saavedra, were both leftists opposed to the Somoza family regime. Like his brothers, he joined the revolutionary movement which became the Sandinista National Liberation Front (FSLN), but he died before the FSLN overthrew the Somoza government through armed struggle in 1979.
On 26 February 1978, Ortega attended a meeting with other Sandinista militants at a house in the neighborhood of Las Sabogales, Masaya, when they were attacked by soldiers of Somoza's National Guard. Ortega died in the battle along with several others including Moisés Rivera and Arnoldo Kuant. Their deaths became known as "the massacre of Las Sabogales."
- sibling relationship with Ortega, Daniel (born 11 November 1945)
Sy Scholfield provided birth record from Nicaraguan civil registry.
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Sixth of six)
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Age 27)
- Personal : Death : Unusual
- Vocation : Military : Combat (Revolutionary)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (FSLN)