|Birthname||Holly Holmes Near|
|born on||6 June 1949 at 12:45 (= 12:45 PM )|
|Place||Ukiah, California, 39n09, 123w12|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°47' 21°56 Asc. 24°21'|
American bisexual entertainer, lesbian peace and human-rights activist. The daughter of ranchers and political activists, her social activism is central to her music. She began singing at eight years old and began doing so professionally as an adult for films and TV shows. She branched out to musical entertainment, and, in in 1972, Near founded Redwood Records, an alternative record label "dedicated to recording and promoting music by politically conscious artists from around the world." An outspoken advocate for gay rights, peace, and women's issues, she has received several awards for her music as well as her activism.
She performs on live stage and has made over 20 recordings.
She is the author of her autobiography, "Fire in the Rain: Singer in the Storm" and a children's book, "The Great Peace March."
In addition, she has taught master classes in performance arts and song writing.
- associate relationship with Jones, Leslie Ann (born 13 June 1951)
- other kin relationship with Bacon, Kevin (born 8 July 1958). Notes: Cousins
- Work : Start Business 1972 (founded alternative record label company)
Sy Scholfield quotes birth certificate
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work
- Passions : Sexuality : Lesbian
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur (founded own record company)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (taught master classes in music)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Writers : Children's literature