Karl II August, Duke of Zweibrücken
|Birthname||Karl August Christian|
|born on||29 October 1746 at 13:56 (= 1:56 PM )|
|Place||Düsseldorf, Germany, 51n12, 6e47|
|Timezone||LMT m6e47 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||06°01' 08°04 Asc. 11°17'|
Duke of Zweibrücken from 1775 to 1795. A member of the Palatine House of Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld, a branch of the House of Wittelsbach, he was the elder brother of the first King of Bavaria, Maximilian I, and of Queen Amalia of Saxony.
He died on 1 April 1795, aged 48, in Mannheim.
- child->parent relationship with Maria Francisca, Countess Palatine of Sulzbach (born 15 June 1724)
- sibling relationship with Maximilian I, King of Bavaria (born 27 May 1756)
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Wiener Zeitung," 19 Nov. 1746: "Düsseldorf 29. Oct. Diesen Nachmittag 4. Minuten auf 2. Uhr seund Ihro Durchl. die Herzogin von Birkenfeld-Zwey-Brücken mit einem gesunden und wol - gestalteten Printzen entbunden worden, welche erfreuliche Zeitung man durch Lösung von dreymal 18. Canonen der gantzen Stadt bekannt gemacht hat." (Düsseldorf 29 Oct. This afternoon, at four minutes before 2 o'clock in the afternoon, the Duchess of Birkenfeld-Zwey-bridges, was delivered of a healthy prince, made known by the sound of cannonfire across the whole city).
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Palatinate-Zweibrücken-Birkenfeld)