Joseph I, Holy Roman Emperor
|born on||26 July 1678 (greg.) at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Wien, Austria, 48n1230, 16e2223|
|Timezone||LMT m16e2223 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||03°11' 23°34 Asc. 02°48'|
Holy Roman Emperor from 1705 until his death in 1711. He was the eldest son of Emperor Leopold I from his third wife, Eleonor Magdalene of Neuburg. Joseph was crowned King of Hungary at the age of nine in 1687, and King in Germany at the age of eleven in 1690. He succeeded to the imperial throne and that of Bohemia when his father died.
Joseph continued the War of the Spanish Succession, begun by his father, against Louis XIV of France, in a fruitless attempt to make his younger brother Charles (later Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor) King of Spain; in the process, however, owing to the victories won by his military commander, Prince Eugene of Savoy, he did succeed in establishing Austrian hegemony over Italy. Joseph also had to contend with a protracted revolt in Hungary, fomented by Louis XIV. Neither conflict was resolved until after his untimely death.
His motto was Amore et Timore (Latin for "Through Love and Fear").
He died 17 April 1711.
- parent->child relationship with Leopold Joseph, Archduke of Austria (born 29 October 1700 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Maria Amalia, Holy Roman Empress (born 22 October 1701)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Josepha, Queen of Poland (born 8 December 1699 (greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor (born 9 June 1640 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Karl VI, Holy Roman Emperor (born 1 October 1685 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Leopold Joseph, Archduke of Austria (1682) (born 2 June 1682 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maria Antonia, Electress of Bavaria (born 18 January 1669 (greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Maria Elisabeth, Archduchess of Austria (1680) (born 13 December 1680 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maria Magdalena, Archduchess of Austria (born 26 March 1689 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maria Margaretha, Archduchess of Austria (born 22 July 1690 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Maria Theresia, Archduchess of Austria (1684) (born 22 August 1684 (greg.))
Taeger quotes Lescaut, quoting Cahiers Astrologiques, 1986
Sy Scholfield quotes same data "early in the morning around 2 o'clock before dawn" from the German book "Die Kaisergruft bei den Kapuzinern in Wien" by Cölestin Wolfsgruber (Vienna, 1887), p. 163: "Kaiser Joseph I. Den 26. Julij 1678 Morgens frühe gegen 2 Vhr vor anbrechenden Tage hat der gütigst Gott Vnsere allgdste Fraw die Kayserin Eleonora Magdalena Theresia vnd die seuffzende Erblände ia die gantze werthe Christenheit mit einem höchst erwünschten Kayl."
Keller quotes P.Rink (biographer)with same data: "Josephus unser jetzt regierende Kaiser anno 1978 in der Nacht um zwei Uhr zwischen dem 25. und 26.Juli neuen Stils geboren".
- Notable : Famous : Royal family