|Birthname||Johanna Maria Magdalena Behrend|
|born on||11 November 1901 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||CET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°55' 14°31 Asc. 11°05'|
German wife of Nazi Germany's Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels; some historians refer to her as the unofficial "First Lady" of Nazi Germany, while others give that title to Emmy Göring. A prominent member of the Nazi Party, she was a close ally, companion and political supporter of Adolf Hitler.
With defeat imminent during the Battle of Berlin at the end of World War II in Europe, she and her husband murdered their six children before committing suicide in the Reich Chancellery gardens.
Magda was among the last to see both Hitler and Eva Braun before they committed suicide on the afternoon of 30 April 1945. On the following day, 1 May, Magda and Joseph arranged for SS dentist Helmut Kunz to inject their six children with morphine, and when they were unconscious she crushed an ampule of cyanide in each of their mouths. After their children were dead, Magda and Joseph Goebbels walked up to the garden of the Chancellery, where they committed suicide, by gunshot and/or cyanide. The bodies were then doused with petrol, but the remains were only partially burned and not buried. The charred corpses were found on the afternoon of 2 May 1945 by Soviet troops.
Her eldest son, Harald Quandt, from a previous marriage, survived her. Magda Goebbels has been portrayed in various film and television productions.
- friend relationship with Hitler, Adolf (born 20 April 1889)
- friend relationship with Speer, Albert (born 19 March 1905)
- lover relationship with Hanke, Karl (born 24 August 1903). Notes: 1938 affair
- parent->child relationship with Quandt, Harald (born 1 November 1921)
- spouse relationship with Goebbels, Joseph (born 29 October 1897). Notes: 1931-1945
- child->adoptive parent relationship with Friedländer, Richard (born 15 February 1881). Notes: Step-father/ daughter
- compare to chart of Göring, Emmy (born 24 March 1893). Notes: "First Ladies" of Nazi Germany
- role played of/by Mattes, Eva (born 14 December 1954). Notes: 2001 German film "Goebbels und Geduldig"
- role played of/by Schygulla, Hanna (born 25 December 1943). Notes: 1998 Spanish film "La niña de tus ojos"
- role played of/by Sommer, Elke (born 6 November 1940). Notes: 1982 TV film "Inside the Third Reich"
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1929 (Günther Quandt)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate from Berlin archives.
- Traits : Body : Constitution sensitive
- Traits : Personality : Ambitious
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression (Severe)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced (Her mother divorced twice)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Günther Quandt 20 years older)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Joseph Goebbels)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Both had affairs)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Seven)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Harald Quandt)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Lived in Belgium)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide many at once (Murdered six of her seven children)
- Personal : Birth : Illegitimate birth
- Personal : Death : Suicide
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political (Propagandist)
- Vocation : Politics : Nazi party
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure ("First Lady of Third Reich")