|Birthname||John Anthony Golenor|
|born on||8 April 1931 at 00:30 (= 12:30 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°33' 00°05 Asc. 07°22'|
Hispanic-American actor and diplomat; a dark and handsome leading man in films such as Spartacus (1960) and Romanoff and Juliet (1961) as well as the TV series Destry (1964) and Convoy (1965). Before his Hollywood debut, Gavin had a four-year stint as an air-intelligence officer in the Navy during and following the Korean War. He worked briefly as a press agent and made his screen debut in 1956. In 1971-1973 he served as president of the Screen Actors Guild and was heavily involved in diplomatic affairs; serving for many years, 1961-1973, as an advisor to the Secretary General of the Organization of American States.
With his fluent Spanish from a Mexican mother and a B.A. in history along with study in economics and Latin-American issues, he was qualified for the sensitive post of U.S. Ambassador to Mexico, 1981-1986, as appointed by his friend, Ronald Reagan.
He married actress Cicely Evans in 1957. They had two children and divorced in 1965. While making No Roses for Robert in Italy in 1967 he dated co star Luciana Paluzzi. Gavin was married to Constance Towers, a stage and television actress, from 8 September 1974 until his death. Towers had two children from her previous marriage to Eugene McGrath.
John Gavin died on 9 February 2018, aged 86, due to complications with pneumonia. He was at home surrounded by his family. Gavin had also been battling leukemia for some time.
- lover relationship with Paluzzi, Luciana (born 10 June 1937). Notes: Dated in 1967
- spouse relationship with Towers, Constance (born 20 May 1931)
- role played of/by Caesar, Julius (born 29 June 100 BC (-99) Jul.Cal.). Notes: 1960 film "Spartacus"
- role played of/by Grant, Cary (born 18 January 1904). Notes: 1980 TV film "Sophia Loren: Her Own Story"
- Work : New Career 1956 (Actor)
- Relationship : Marriage 1957 (Cicely Evans)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1960 ("Sparticus")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1961 ("Romanoff and Juliet")
- Work : New Career 1961 (Diplomat, 12 years)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1965 (Cicely Evans)
- Work : New Job 1971 (Pres. of Screen Actors Guild, two years)
- Work : New Job 1981 (U.S. Ambassador to Mexico, five years)
Copy of correspondence in hand, Marc Penfield, given as "from a family member" (b. 1932).
On 6 December 2015, Sy Scholfield changed the year to 1931, citing the California Birth Index.
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (Classic handsome features)
- Traits : Body : Hair (Black)
- Traits : Body : Race (Hispanic)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Leukaemia)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia (Terminal)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (2nd marriage, 43 years)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Constance Towers)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Two stepchildren)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Friends (Ronald Reagan)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Pneumonia)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 86)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (Pres. of Screen Actors Guild)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Destry" and "Convoys")
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Navy)
- Vocation : Politics : Diplomat
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (U.S. Ambassador)