|Birthname||Alene Bertha Duerk|
|born on||29 March 1920 at 01:15 (= 01:15 AM )|
|Place||Defiance, Ohio, 41n17, 84w21|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°18' 04°34 Asc. 07°58'|
American military, the first female to achieve flag rank in the USN, named Rear Admiral in 1972 representing all Navy women. She joined the Navy 30 years before and became head of the Nurse Corp from 1970 to 1975. As administrator, she directed 2,300 servicewomen in 39 Naval hospitals.
Her father died when she was four and she was raised on an Ohio farm with her grandfolks, close to her mother; one younger sister. She decided to be a nurse to help others and gained her R.N. in 1941. Duerk served as an Ensign in WWII, and gained her B.S. in 1948.
Lieutenant Commander was the highest rank ever held by a woman; she made that grade in 1958, and four years later, Commander. There are four female Generals in the U.S. Army and two in the USAF. No militant feminist, 180cm (5'11") tall, she saw responsibility as natural for all capable women. She had a relaxed manner and an easy smile. Very organized, she was easy going and reasonable. At home in Alexandria, Virginia, she relaxed with a small garden and enjoyed cooking, reading, theatre and visiting her family.
She died in Lake Mary, Florida on 21 July 2018 at the age of 98.
- Social : Joined group 1940 (Joined the Navy)
- Social : End a program of study 1941 (Received her R.N.)
- Social : End a program of study 1948 (Received her B.S.)
- Work : Gain social status 1972 (Navy Rear Admiral)
Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Traits : Body : Size (Height: 5 ft 11 in/ 180 cm)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Age four when dad died)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First of two girls)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 98)
- Vocation : Medical : Nurse/ Nurse's Aids (Admin. Navy nurse Corp)
- Vocation : Military : Military career (Rear Admiral)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Leadership
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (First female Rear Admiral in USN)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women