Dreyer, Ronnie Gale
|born on||7 May 1953 at 13:20 (= 1:20 PM )|
|Place||Brooklyn (Kings County), New York, 40n38, 73w56|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||16°50' 02°42 Asc. 29°25'|
American pro astrologer and author, based in New York City and internationally known for her lectures, courses and workshops in Vedic astrology. She has lectured at conferences and for astrology groups throughout the world including Australia, Holland, Ireland, Scotland, UK, Canada, and the U.S. Ronnie is the author of "Healing Signs," "Vedic Astrology," "Your Sun and Moon Guide to Love and Life" and "Venus." "Vedic Astrology in Action" is scheduled for release in 2003. Active in the astrological community, Ronnie was recording and corresponding secretary of the Association for Astrological Networking (AFAN) from 1992-1998; Presiding Officer from 1999-present; Editor, NCGR Memberletter from April 1999 to present.
Her awards include the Jyotish Kovid award from the Indian Council of Astrological Sciences for "promoting the cause of astrology through writings and lectures," 1994, AFAN's Jim Lewis Community Service Award presented at UAC in 1998 and the Marion D. March Regulus Award for Community Service presented at UAC, Orlando, FL in 2002.
Ronnie holds a Bachelor of Arts in English/Theater Arts from the University of New Mexico (1974), and studied Jyotish (Vedic Astrology) in Benares India with a professor from Sanskrit University in Benares, India.
The eldest of three girls, she is the daughter of a sales and marketing manager of a major publishing company, and her mother was an administrative assistant for an insurance company. She grew up in Brooklyn and Queens. After attending SUNY Binghamton in New York for two years, she transferred to the University of New Mexico, where she graduated with a B.A. in English, and minor in theater arts. She spent time in India, and lived in Amsterdam, Holland from 1975-87 where she began her study and practice of astrology before returning to the U.S.
Ronnie is married to Kenneth Irving, editor of American Astrology Magazine. She has no children of her own, but two nephews with whom she is especially close, and several godchildren.
- spouse relationship with Irving, Ken (born 27 December 1947)
- Social : End a program of study 1974 (BA degree from University of NM)
- Family : Change residence 1975 (Amsterdam Holland, 12 years)
- Work : New Job 1992 (Recording and corresponding secretary, AFAN)
- Work : Prize 1994 (Jyotish Kovid Award)
- Work : Prize 1998 (Jim Lewis Community Service Award)
- Work : Prize 22 July 2002 at 12:00 noon in Orlando, FL (Marion D. March Regulus Award for Community Service)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2003 (Release of "Vedic Astrology in Action")
LMR quotes her by email 8/2002, born in Brooklyn (Kings County) NY, B.C.
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Close to two nephews)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Groups (Astrological groups)
- Vocation : Business : Clerical/ Secretarial (Recording/corresponding secretary)
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker (International lectures)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Vedic)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Jyotish Kovid award, Jim Lewis Community Award, Regulus Award)
- 1953 births
- Birthday 7 May
- Birthplace Brooklyn (Kings County), NY (US)
- Sun 16 Taurus
- Moon 2 Pisces
- Asc 29 Leo
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Groups
- Vocation : Business : Clerical/ Secretarial
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award