|Birthname||Thomas Cruise Mapother IV|
|born on||3 July 1962|
|Place||Syracuse, New York, 43n03, 76w09|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||11°14' or|
American film star, one of the "world's most beautiful people" and one of the world's highest-paid actors. He has received various accolades, including an Honorary Palme d'Or and three Golden Globe Awards, in addition to nominations for three Academy Awards. His films have grossed over $10.1 billion worldwide, making him one of the highest-grossing box office stars of all time. He began in the Brat Pack of young talent, moving up the ranks to No. 1 box-office in the USA by 1986. He commanded $12 million for A Few Good Men (1992), followed by Interview with a Vampire (1994).
Since then, Cruise has largely starred in science fiction and action films, establishing himself as an action star, often performing his own risky stunts. He has played Ethan Hunt in all six of the Mission: Impossible films from 1996 to 2018. His other notable roles in the genre include Vanilla Sky (2001), Minority Report (2002), The Last Samurai (2003), Collateral (2004), War of the Worlds (2005), Knight and Day (2010), Jack Reacher (2012), Oblivion (2013), Edge of Tomorrow (2014), and Top Gun: Maverick (2022). The last of these ranks as his highest-grossing release.
Cruise is an outspoken advocate for the Church of Scientology, which he credits with helping him overcome dyslexia.
One of four kids and the only son of an electrical engineer and a teacher, the family moved 12 times by the time he was 12, a year after his folks separated. With no support from his dad, his mom worked three jobs to keep the family together. She was nonetheless a caring and supportive mother and Tom loved her for it. He was not a great student and was an undiagnosed dyslectic, so often landed in remedial classes. Sports were more to his liking. When he was 16, his mom remarried and the family settled in Glen Ridge, New Jersey where he first acted in a school play. The die was cast. He dropped his last name and moved in with a pal in New York City, waiting tables and giving himself a ten-year deadline.
He did not have to wait that long as he was appearing in bit roles within a few months. After a few minor roles, he made his first impression in The Outsiders (1983). His next film was Risky Business, and he was on his way up. He also met Rebecca DeMornay at that time and they were a couple for the next three years.
He had lead roles in Top Gun (1986) and Rain Man (1988). He won his first Oscar nomination for Best Actor for Born on the Fourth of July (1989) and a second for Jerry Maguire (1996). Cruise's performance as a motivational speaker in the drama Magnolia (1999) earned him a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
Cruise married actress Mimi Rogers on 9 May 1987 in New York, for nearly three years. They divorced on 4 February 1990.
In 1990 he met redheaded Australian actress Nicole Kidman, at 1.79 m (5 ft 10 in) three inches taller than he, and they had instant chemistry. After divorcing Rogers, they married on 24 December 1990. After 11 years of marriage Cruise and Kidman separated in December 2000, making the announcement on 5 February 2001, because of "difficulties inherent in divergent careers, which constantly keep them apart," reported their spokesman. They had two adopted kids, Isabella, age eight and Conor, age six, and their estimated worth was $225 million for Cruise and $100 million for Kidman. The divorce skirted the edge of nasty before becoming final on 8 August 2001.
Not long after that he began openly dating Spanish actress Penelope Cruz, whom he had reportedly fallen for earlier in the summer of 2001 on the set of their movie, Vanilla Sky. Their love relationship lasted until January 2004. They announced their split on 25 March 2004, saying they were "still friends."
A year later the 42-year old actor was dating much-younger Katie Holmes, then 26. They became engaged on 17 June 2005. He told journalists that he proposed to her early in the morning at the Eiffel Tower in Paris and she accepted. He married Holmes on 18 November 2006 in a well-publicized fairy-tale wedding in an Italian castle in Bracciano Italy. According to Italian newspapers the wedding took place at 6 PM local time. She gave birth to their daughter Suri on 18 April 2006 at 3:26 AM in Los Angeles.
In late August 2006 Paramount Pictures severed their 14-year tie with Cruise; the chairman Sumner Redstone labeled the star's recent conduct unbecoming. Cruise had received negative publicity for jumping up and down on Oprah Winfrey's couch shouting his love for Holmes and caused an uproar when he criticized Brooke Shields' use of antidepressants for post-partum distress. In addition, Cruise's recently released movie Mission Impossible III made a poor box office showing.
In November 2006, Cruise and Paula Wagner announced that they had taken over the film studio United Artists. Cruise acts as a producer and star in films for United Artists, while Wagner served as UA's chief executive.
On 29 June 2012, Holmes filed for divorce from Cruise. On 9 July, the couple signed a divorce settlement worked out by their lawyers, thereby ending the famous relationship the media had dubbed "TomKat."
- associate relationship with Boutella, Sofia (born 3 April 1982)
- associate relationship with Diaz, Cameron (born 30 August 1972). Notes: Co-stars
- associate relationship with Pitt, Brad (born 18 December 1963). Notes: Co-stars in 1994 film "Interview with the Vampire"
- friend relationship with Miscavige, David (born 30 April 1960)
- friend relationship with Remini, Leah (born 15 June 1970). Notes: Ex friends
- friend relationship with Travolta, John (born 18 February 1954)
- lover relationship with Cher (born 20 May 1946). Notes: Dated in mid 1980s
- lover relationship with Cruz, Penélope (born 28 April 1974). Notes: Dated 2001-2004
- lover relationship with De Mornay, Rebecca (born 29 August 1959). Notes: Dated in mid 1980s
- parent->child relationship with Cruise, Suri (born 18 April 2006)
- spouse relationship with Holmes, Katie (born 18 December 1978). Notes: Married 2006-2012
- spouse relationship with Kidman, Nicole (born 20 June 1967). Notes: Married 1990-2001
- other kin relationship with Mapother, William (born 17 April 1965). Notes: First cousins
- compare to chart of Entertainment: Mission: Impossible (born 17 September 1966)
- role played of/by Bishop, Kevin (born 18 June 1980). Notes: 2007 spoof documentary "Being Tom Cruise"
- role played of/by Kovic, Ron (born 4 July 1946). Notes: 1989 film "Born on the Fourth of July"
- role played of/by Stauffenberg, Claus von (born 15 November 1907). Notes: 2008 film "Valkyrie"
- Death of Father 1984 (Thomas Cruise Mapother III)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship July 2001 (First dated Penelope Cruz)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 17 June 2005 (Engaged to Katie Holmes)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 18 April 2006 at 03:26 AM in Los Angeles (Birth of daughter Suri)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 18 November 2006 at 6:00 PM in Bracciano, Italy (Katie Holmes)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death of Mother 2017 (Mary Lee, née Pfeiffer)
Date on file, time unknown.
Glenn X posted an email that his t.o.b was given on Zodiacal Zepher's celebrity site with no source, 15:16 EDT. Sandra Rozhon answered a query, that a visitor to the site gave the data: no source.
(LMR speculates 4:25 AM for late Gemini rising).
(Carl Wahlberg writes, 15 June 2001, "Can you confirm or correct birthtime for Tom Cruise 3:06PM and Nicole Kidman 5:54am?" LMR answered that website that give astrological information without a source are amateur and a waste of our time. Use a ouji board.)
Starkman rectified to 15.04.00 EDT Asc 1Sco47'.
- Traits : Body : Race (English, German, Irish ancestry)
- Traits : Body : Size (1.70 m/ 5 ft 7 in)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Dyslexia (Difficult during school years)
- Family : Childhood : Abuse - Physical/ Verbal (Beaten by father)
- Family : Childhood : Family large (He has three sisters)
- Family : Relationship : Divorce bitter
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Mimi Rogers, first wife)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Cher 16 years older)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Mimi Rogers, Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz, Katie Holmes)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Two adopted)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three including two adopted)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Fundraiser
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Grant, Scholarship, etc. (Catholic Church scholarship)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Residences in the South of England)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Lived and studied in Ottawa, Canada)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Cult follower (Church of Scientology)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Film)