Christian I, Elector of Saxony
|born on||29 October 1560 Jul.Cal. (8 Nov 1560 greg.) at 03:45 (= 03:45 AM )|
|Place||Dresden, Germany, 51n03, 13e44|
|Timezone||LMT m13e44 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||15°43' 20°25 Asc. 09°31'|
German royalty, the sixth but second surviving son of Elector Augustus of Saxony and Anna of Denmark. The death of his older brother, Alexander, on 11 February 1586 made him the new heir apparent to the Electorate of Saxony. In Dresden on 25 April 1582, Christian married Sophie, daughter of Johann Georg, Elector of Brandenburg. They had seven children. Christian I died on 25 September 1591, aged 30, in Dresden.
- parent->child relationship with Christian II, Elector of Saxony (born 23 September 1583 Jul.Cal. (3 Oct 1583 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Johann Georg I, Elector of Saxony (born 5 March 1585 Jul.Cal. (15 Mar 1585 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Augustus, Elector of Saxony (born 31 July 1526 Jul.Cal. (10 Aug 1526 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Sophie von Brandenburg (born 6 June 1568 Jul.Cal. (16 June 1568 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth, Princess of Saxony (1552) (born 18 October 1552 Jul.Cal. (28 Oct 1552 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Sächsische Merckwürdigkeiten Oder Vollständige Alte, Mittle und Neue Historie von Sachsen Und dem Durchlauchtigsten Chur und Fürstlichen Hause so dasselbe beherrschet" by Johann Christoph Rüdiger (Weidmann, 1724), p. 837: "Christianus der Erste ... kam an das Licht der Welt zu Dresden, am 29. Octobr. Dienstags nach Simonis Judae, vor 4. Uhr des Morgens, Anno 1560."
Translation: Christian the first ... came into light of the world at Dresden on 29 October 1560, the Tuesday after Simonis Judae, before 4 o'clock in the morning.
Note: 29/10/1560 Old Style was a Tuesday.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wettin)