|Birthname||Leonardo Felice Buscaglia|
|born on||31 March 1924 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°25' 25°00 Asc. 23°00'|
American psychologist and author called "Dr. Hug," and "Dr. Love" due to his doctrine of loving care and the ending of his lectures with bear hugs for the audience. He earned his Ph.D. in 1963 and became a college professor, lecturer and frequent guest on TV talk shows. His first book, "Love," 1972, examined the phenomenon of human love as the one unifying force of life. His books, over a dozen, which have sold more than 11 million copies in 20 languages, include "Because I Am Human," 1972 "The Disabled and their Parents," 1975 and "Living, Loving and Learning."
Bearded, Buscaglia was a joyful and dynamic speaker. He shook up the academic world when he introduced his first university class entitled "Love 101," combining the teachings of sociology and psychology. The University of Southern California, where he taught for 19 years, honored him in 1991 by establishing the Leo F. Buscaglia Scholarship for Inner City Teachers Education.
He got his start as a supervisor of special education in the Pasadena city schools from 1960-1965. Buscaglia worked as a professor of education at USC from 1975-1984. Ironically, the man who taught us about love never married.
He died of a heart attack on 12 June 1998, about 1:45 AM, at his home in Glenbrook, Nevada, near Lake Tahoe.
- Work : New Job 1960 (Supervisor of special education)
- Social : End a program of study 1963 (Earned Ph.D.)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1972 (First book, Love)
- Work : New Career 1975 (Professor at USC)
- Work : Prize 1991 (Scholarship in his name)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
Previously this entry had 11 PM (Linda Clark quotes him).
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Ph.D.)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Heart (Terminal attack)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (Teacher for 19 years)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Education : Administrator (Supervisor of special education)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor at USC)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Many appearances on shows)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Psychologist
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Over a dozen books)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Scholarship established in his name)