|born on||2 May 1924 at 03:45 (= 03:45 AM )|
|Place||Vienna, Austria, 48n13, 16e2223|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°25' 20°59 Asc. 15°26'|
Austrian-American actor and singer on stage, film and TV. He emigrated to Palestine in his teens and made his stage debut there. Following studies at Britain's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, he made his London stage debut in 1948 and New York debut in 1955. Starring in the "African Queen," Bikel has typically portrayed foreigners in character parts throughout England and America. In 1958 he was nominated for an Oscar for his performance in "The Defiant Ones."
He was President of Actors Equity from 1973-1982 and honorary president from 1982 on. An established folk singer and guitarist, he is also an active member in the Democratic Party.
He has married four times; two kids.
Bikel died on 21 July 2015.
- friend relationship with Whitman, Stuart (born 1 February 1928)
- Work : New Career 1948 (London stage debut)
- Work : New Job 1955 (Stage debut in N.Y.)
- Work : Gain social status 1958 (Nominated for Oscar in "The Defient Ones")
- Social : Joined group 1973 (Pres. of Actors Equity)
Steinbrecher quotes Betty Collins, from Bikel
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Vienna, Israel, England and U.S.)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV and film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Folk quitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Folk singer)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political (Active in Democratic Party and Actors Equity)
- 1924 births
- Birthday 2 May
- Birthplace Vienna, AUS
- Sun 11 Taurus
- Moon 20 Aries
- Asc 15 Aries
- 2015 deaths
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political