|Birthname||Katheryn Elizabeth Baylor|
|born on||28 March 1924 at 14:50 (= 2:50 PM )|
|Place||San Antonio, Texas, 29n25, 98w30|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°54' 20°58 Asc. 16°44'|
American novelist, essayist, and author of picture books for children. Four of her books have achieved Caldecott Honor status.
Baylor's work presents images of the Southwest and an intense connection between the land and the Native American people. Her prose illustrates vividly the value of simplicity, the natural world, and the balance of life within it.
Baylor latterly lived in Arivaca, Arizona, in an adobe house that did not have electricity. She worked with three manual typewriters. She died on 16 June 2021 at the age of 97.
- other kin relationship with Byrd, Richard E (born 25 October 1888)
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 97)
- Vocation : Writers : Children's literature
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award