|Birthname||William Charles Ayers|
|born on||26 December 1944 at 00:10 (= 12:10 AM )|
|Place||Oak Park, Illinois, 41n53, 87w47|
|Timezone||CWT h5w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||04°20' 21°05 Asc. 25°31'|
American elementary education theorist and a former leader in the counterculture movement who opposed US involvement in the Vietnam War. He is known for his 1960s radical activism and his current work in education reform, curriculum and instruction. In 1969, he co-founded the Weather Underground, a self-described communist revolutionary group with the intent to overthrow imperialism, that conducted a campaign of bombing public buildings (including police stations, the US Capitol Building, and the Pentagon) during the 1960s and 1970s in response to US involvement in the Vietnam War.
He is a retired professor in the College of Education at the University of Illinois at Chicago, formerly holding the titles of Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar. During the 2008 US Presidential campaign, a controversy arose over his contacts with candidate Barack Obama.
He is married to Bernardine Dohrn, who was also a leader in the Weather Underground. They have two adult children (Malik and Zayd, the latter was featured in the book A Hope in the Unseen as the college friend of the main character Cedric Jennings) and shared legal guardianship of Chesa Boudin, son of Kathy Boudin and David Gilbert. Boudin and Gilbert were former Weather Underground members who later joined the May 19 Communist Organization and were convicted of felony murder for their roles in that group's Brinks robbery. Chesa Boudin went on to win a Rhodes scholarship.
- parent->child relationship with Ayers, Malik (born 1 February 1980)
- parent->child relationship with Dohrn, Zayd (born 26 April 1977)
- spouse relationship with Dohrn, Bernardine (born 12 January 1942)
- parent->adopted child relationship with Boudin, Chesa (born 20 August 1980). Notes: Legal ward
Sy Scholfield quotes him relating the story of his birth in Fugitive Days: Memoirs of an Antiwar Activist by William Ayers (Beacon Press, 2009), p. 9: "while [my parents] drove off to Oak Park Hospital . . . I missed [being born on] Christmas by minutes, but that never diminished the intensity of this foundational myth — I was the best Christmas present ever, my life achieved against great danger and risk."
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Bernardine Dohrn)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Education : Other Education (Elementary education theorist)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political (Leader in the counterculture movement)
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Communist revolutionary)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Co-founded the Weather Underground)
- 1944 births
- Birthday 26 December
- Birthplace Oak Park, IL (US)
- Sun 4 Capricorn
- Moon 21 Taurus
- Asc 25 Virgo
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3
- Vocation : Education : Other Education
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator